Hall Home www.aberffraw.wales  
Neuadd Aberffraw Village Hall
 
Neuadd Glannau Ffraw - Village Hall on the banks of the Ffraw



About

  • The Village Hall is currently a place for public and private meetings, education and entertainment including welsh lessons, dances, film nights, bingo, line dancing, yoga, games, dog training, jumble sales, private parties, funeral teas and also serves as a Polling Station during elections. It also hosts major events such as the Village Horticultural and Craft Show on August Bank Holiday Weekend and the round Anglesey Ring O' Fire race.

  • The Village Hall has Charitable Status (No:523631) and is run by the Village Hall Management Committee with Trustees as the Aberffraw Community Council. It obtains income from hire of its facilities at variable rates according to status and locality and also from grants from the Council, Anglesey Charitable Trust and Bodorgan Estates amongst others.

  • Object of the Charity: For the purposes of a village hall for the use of the inhabitants of Aberffraw and the neighbourhood, without distinction of sex or political, religious or other opinions and in particular for use for meetings, lectures and classes and for other forms of recreation and leisure time occupation, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the said inhabitants.
Location


      
  • Located on Church Street just North of Bodorgan Square close to the heart of Aberffraw Village on the West coast of Anglesey, Wales.
    Map
  • Address: 52 Church Street, Aberffraw, Ty Croes, Anglesey, Wales, LL63 5LQ
    Cyfeiriad: 52 Stryd yr Eglwys, Aberffraw, Ty Croes, Ynys Mon, Cymru. LL63 5LQ
  • Telephone: 07708174629

History



  • The Hall was requested and planned in the early post World War 2 years as a central amenity for village life. It replaced two demolished delapidated cottages on the south side of Church Street close to St Beuno's Church and Pendref cottage.
  • The foundation stone was laid in 1957 and the hall opened in 1958 by Councillor J.O.Williams.
  • The hall was extended in 1995 by the addition of meeting / store rooms to the side.
  • Its 60th Birthday was celebrated in 2018.
    Thanks to recent Chairperson Mike Wilson for all his efforts in promoting hall events and obtaining grants for refurbishment.
  • In 2019 it was refurbished and came to include a public and disabled toilet, an emergency defribrillator, new car parking area, and an internal shower room. It now has new fire doors, external and internal re-painting, new external notice boards and new village signage.
    (Also, thanks to Colin Goodgrooves for the new Hall Logo)


1958

1958 Opening Ceremony



2018


Early 2019



September 2019



October 2019




Site Under Construction, Last Updated 21 October 2019, MM